Dotmarketer LLC is a holding company owned by Jimmy Atkinson and Andy Hagans. We own and operate dozens of income-generating Web sites in several verticals. (See a sample of some of our properties.) Our business specializes in developing, monetizing, and driving traffic to our Web properties with the goal of generating steady income and/or building toward eventual exit. Our core competencies include:
- Business ideation
- Web site development
- Web site monetization
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Link building
- Content marketing
Jimmy Atkinson, President
As president of Dotmarketer, Jimmy runs the day-to-day business operations, managing the company’s team of contractors, the company finances, and basically making sure everything just works. He is the monetization expert on the team, with an eye for Web site optimization and usability. Jimmy has a BA in economics from the University of Notre Dame. See also: Jimmy’s personal Web site.
Andy Hagans, CEO
As CEO of Dotmarketer, Andy is the visionary and often handles a lot of the high-level, long-term planning and new business ideation. He is the SEO expert on the team, and develops the company’s SEO strategy. Andy has a BBA in management information systems from the University of Notre Dame. See also: Andy’s personal Web site.
Important Company Milestones
- March 10, 2004
- Andy Hagans starts The Outsourcing Times at blogsource.org, generating revenue with Google AdSense.
- March 26, 2004
- Jimmy Atkinson and Andy Hagans start The RFID Gazette at rfidgazette.org; Jimandi Corp. is born.
- September 16, 2004
- Dotmarketer registers voipnow.org and launches VoIP Now, the company’s first foray into the telecom vertical.
- December 2004
- Jimandi Corp. owns roughly a half-dozen Web properties, all generating revenue with Google AdSense. Jimmy and Andy decide to file paperwork to form a Limited Liability Company, though neither would begin working full-time at the company. They also choose a new name.
- January 1, 2005
- Dotmarketer LLC is officially founded.
- February 2006
- Jimmy begins working full-time for Dotmarketer.
- March 16, 2006
- Dotmarketer registers nursingdegreeguide.org and launches Nursing Degree Guide, its first Web site in the education vertical.
- September 19, 2006
- Dotmarketer launches oedb.org and launches OEdb: Online Education Database.
- November 14, 2007
- Dotmarketer experiences its first asset sale, selling OEdb, RFID Gazette, and Outsourcing Times.
- November 21, 2007
- Dotmarketer acquires the domain whdb.com and launches WHdb (Web Hosting Database), a web hosting provider comparison site.
- September 24, 2008
- Dotmarketer acquires the domain tipd.com and launches Tip’d, a social media site for finance and investing.
- February 10, 2009
- Dotmarketer LLC begins expanding its edu portfolio.
- February 24, 2009
- Dotmarketer LLC founds ETFdb.com, the Exchange-Traded Funds Database.
- August 18, 2009
- Dotmarketer spins off ETFdb.com into a new company, Carolean Capital Partners LLC.
- January 1, 2010
- On the five-year anniversary of Dotmarketer’s official founding as an LLC, Dotmarketer spins off its entire edu portfolio of dozens of domains into a new company, Best Online Universities LLC. Dotmarketer goes into hibernation mode as Andy and Jimmy focus on establishing the new business.
- June 21, 2012
- Dotmarketer shuts down Tip’d.
- September 2012
- Jimmy and Andy, having transitioned into less active roles at BOU, return to Dotmarketer and begin to brush the dust off some of the old properties, beginning with WHdb.
- November 14, 2012
- On the five-year anniversary of our first asset sale, Dotmarketer sells Tip’d (tipd.com).
- December 24, 2012
- Dotmarketer sells VoIP Now (voipnow.org).
- January 2013
- WHdb is re-branded and re-launched with fresh monetization model.
- December 2015
- WHdb is sold.
- Fall 2016
- Network of dating affiliate sites is shut down, ceasing business operations for Dotmarketer. What a run we had!